1. Lenscrafters - See What You Love
The first time I saw this ad I was in complete awe. The whole concept behind the ad is not only beautifully executed but it also does a great job pulling at the heart strings of glasses wearers everywhere (including myself) by elevating their brand beyond a company that simply sells glasses but gives people the ability to “see what they love”. (Which is incredibly corny –but hey, they got me!)
This campaign was put together by Cutwater (US) and not only do I think they did an amazing job in making glasses something more than just a product they also did an amazing job in selecting the song that accompanied the ad. Although there are rumors online that the song in the ad was specifically composed by someone hired by Lenscrafters (allegedly called ‘Hapiness’), I did a little more digging and found out the song is called Colours, by Donovan. (Fun fact: Donovan was also responsible for the commercial “classic hit” Mellow Yellow from a million years ago.)
2. Stella Artois Light
Any commercial that combines pirates and beer is a winner in my book. It’s the classic story of boy meets girl, boy offers girl beer and beer is stolen by pirates. Enough said.
3. Excel
Now this commercial wouldn’t make my top favorite list if it wasn’t for the fact that my smart-ass boyfriend pointed out the fact that the donut in this commercial doesn’t look like a donut at all. Let’s just say the hole of the donut looks like a different kind of hole. Now, if you’re smart enough to figure out what I’m implying (or even if you’re not) watch the commercial again and see for yourself. Seriously, they should have put some sprinkles on that thing or something!
No comments:
Post a Comment